Bicycle Accident Attorneys
Bicycle accident attorneys and lawyers at Parke Gordon Law Firm assist clients who have been in bicycle crashes in Boise, Idaho and surrounding areas such as Meridian, Caldwell, and Nampa. Our bicycle accident attorneys will take steps to ensure your rights are fully protected. The law office of Parke Gordon Law Firm will seek to recover all your damages and maximize your settlement and recovery. Our accident injury attorneys have effectively represented bicyclists and obtained impressive settlements for our bike accident clients. Take a look at some of our client reviews.
Bicycle Accident Injuries in Idaho
Bicycle accident injuries are often serious due to the lack of protection to bicyclists and the size and force differences when a vehicle collides with a bike. Our attorneys will help ensure that our bicycle accident clients obtain suitable medical care and treatment and ensure that the negligent motorist is held accountable. Take the stress out of your bike accident by hiring an experienced bike accident lawyer to settle your case. At Parke Gordon Law Firm, our attorneys believe every client deserves fair representation not just big insurance companies with deep pockets.
Six Things to Do After a Bicycle Accident
- Call 911 and wait for police to arrive. It is important to wait for the police to arrive after any accident so a police report will be taken and filed. Even if you do not feel you were injured, a police report will make a big difference in the outcome of your case.
- Tell your version of what happened to the police officer. Be sure to report all injuries even if you think they are minor. Minor injuries can later become major.
- Gather the personal information of the driver and any witnesses of the accident. Information to gather includes their full name, phone number, address and driver’s license number of the driver. A name and phone number of each witness is sufficient. If you are too injured to gather this information, ask a bystander to do it for you.
- Take photos of the bicycle accident scene. Photos such as your bike, the vehicle that hit you and any skid marks on the road are great evidence that can greatly help your case.
- Write down your statement of what happened as well as any injuries you incurred from the accident.
- The last but most important step after a bicycle accident is to contact the experienced personal injury attorneys at Parke Gordon Law Firm to handle your case.
How to Protect Yourself from a Bike Accident
If you are planning on riding a bike for fun or to commute, protect yourself from a bicycle accident with these five tips.
- Always follow the rules of the road. Even when you are not driving a car, a bicycle riding on the road is still responsible to follow the rules. Obey all traffic signals and yield the right-of-way when necessary.
- Watch for cars and pedestrians. Bicyclists pose a threat to pedestrians just like a car poses a threat to a biker. Always be courteous to cars and pedestrians while on a bike.
- Be visible. Wear brightly colored clothing and use lights or reflectors to be seen easily.
- Stay in designated bike areas when possible. If possible, chose a route with a bike lane to keep yourself safe.
- Teach your kids to be safe on a bike too.
Tips to Avoid Bicycle Accidents After Dark
Many choose to bike after dark to get in more time for exercise. This is especially true during late Fall and Winter months when it gets dark early. Parke Gordon Law Firm would like to remind drivers to be extra cautious of bike riders. After dark, drivers have a limited line of vision. Sometimes the only form of light for drivers are the car’s headlights. Also, depth and peripheral vision is worsened because of poor or limited light. If you are going to ride a bicycle after dark, here are some things to remember to avoid bicycle accidents after dark.
- Stay on well-lit streets.
- Wear reflective gear.
- Add reflective gear to your bike.
- Take extra lights.
Typical Causes of Bicycle Accidents
Bicycle accidents are more common than most people realize. Here are the most typical causes of bicycle accidents according to the NHTSA National Survey on Bicyclist and Pedestrian Attitudes and Behaviors.
Struck by a Vehicle
Thirty percent of all bicycle accidents are caused by the rider being hit by a car. Drivers are to always be aware of what is around them and yield the right of way to all pedestrians and bicyclists. However, often times bicyclists are not seen by a driver. When riding a bike, yield to caution by wearing brightly colored clothing. It is also helpful for you to beware of vehicles and make eye contact before crossing a street.
Falling Off a Bike
Seventeen percent of all bicycle accident is from the rider falling off the bike. There are many reasons for this. For example, the rider may have been startled from an unforeseen object or person.
Hazardous Road Conditions
Thirteen percent of bike accidents are due to bad road conditions. If you can, avoid roadways that are in need of repair when riding your bike to avoid these types of accidents.
Bike Rider Error
Thirteen percent of bike accidents are from the rider making an error.
Hitting a Fixed Object
Seven percent of bicycle accidents are due to the rider colliding with a fixed object. For instance, an inexperienced bicyclist may accidentally run into a light pole. Or the rider may have been distracted and hit the pole.
Striking a Dog Running into the Street
When a dog runs into the street, they may potentially be hit by a bicyclist or a car. Four percent of all bicycle accident has been due to a dog running into the street.
Personal Injury Attorney Boise Accident Blog
Read the Parke Gordon Law Firm Boise Accident Blog for more tips on how to avoid an accident as well as recent articles and stories about current accidents that have occurred in or around Boise. Our law firm’s blog is full of tips to prevent accidents as well as local stories of accidents that have occurred in or around Boise.
Client Reviews of Parke Gordon Law Firm
Our clients love us and we think you will too! The impressive personal injury and accident client reviews show the dedication of Parke Gordon Law Firm in Boise. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of clients by getting them more money, faster. We strive to provide top-notch legal and professional services. Click here to read some recent client reviews.
Contact a Bicycle Accident Attorney Now
Contact our bicycle accident attorneys for a free consultation. This is your opportunity to discuss your bicycle accident case with an experienced lawyer. We’re on your side and will fight for your rights. Our trusted attorneys can usually tell you over the phone if you have a good case. Call our Boise law office today at (208) 322-7274. You pay nothing until your case is settled.
You Pay Nothing Until We Win Your Case
After a bicycle accident, you may be confused, scared, and not know what to do. When a bicyclist gets hit by a car or truck, it is crucial to know what to do while still at the scene of the accident. What you do immediately after the bike accident can have a dramatic...read more
Idaho State Police reported a bicycle accident involving a juvenile driver in Caldwell last Sunday. Police said a child riding a bicycle ran into a juvenile driving a pickup truck at an intersection. The driver of the pickup truck was wearing a seatbelt at the time of...read more