Brent has earned a reputation while litigating hundreds of court cases of being an aggressive advocate who will not back down to anyone and who will fight to the end for his clients. In fact, defense attorneys and insurance company adjusters have referred their family members and friends to Brent because they know their family will be in good hands.
Brent is active in the trial lawyers association where he has served several terms on the board of governors and served as an editor of the Trial Journal, filed persuasive amicus briefs on important issues before state appellate courts, and has written several award-winning articles on important personal injury topics.
Brent scored a massive victory for injury victims in the landmark case of Pena v. Viking Insurance Company. In Pena, Brent persuasively convinced the Idaho Supreme Court to strike down provisions in insurance policies that eliminated coverage for people injured by an underinsured motorist.
• Licensed in Idaho, Washington, Oregon and Utah
• Argued before the Third Circuit Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals, Idaho Supreme Court, Utah Supreme Court, and Utah Court of Appeals
• Selected multiple times as a Mountain States Super Lawyer
• Past Member of the Board of Governors and Advisory Board, Utah Association for Justice
• Eagle Member, Idaho Trial Lawyers Association
• Past Editor, Utah Trial Journal
• Past Member, Amicus Committee, Utah Association for Justice
• Recipient, 2010-2011 Article of the Year, Trial Journal
• Extending Barbuto: No more medical releases or subpoenas, Trial Journal
• Invading the Inner Sanctum: Discovery of Insurance Files, Trial Journal
• Rule 35 Exam: A compulsory stripping and Exposure, ITLA Journal
• Recent Developments in Utah Law – Invasion of Privacy, 1998 Utah L. Rev. 681 (1998)
• Defeating Inequitable Subrogation Provisions, ITLA Journal, April 2010
• A Plaintiff Attorney’s View: Sorenson v. Barbuto, Bar Journal
• Recipient, 2007-2008 Article of the Year
• Recipient, 2006-2007 Article of the Year
• Recipient, 1999-2000 Utah Civil Rights and Liberties Award for Top Civil Rights Article
• Presenter, Auto Accident Cases: The Basics
• Presenter, Litigation of Auto Accident Cases
• Presenter, Discovery Issues Involving Protected Health Information
• Presenter, Valuing Auto CasesPresenter, Personal Injury for Idaho Physicians
• Presenter, Handling Hardball Tactics
• Presenter, Case Law Update: Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Coverage
• Presenter, Learn from the Pros: Effectively Handling Small Personal Injury Cases
• Panelist, Building a Personal Injury Practice
• Panelist, How the Listserv Saved Me
• Juris Doctor – University of Utah
• Member, Utah Law Review
• Graduated top of class in Evidence, Criminal Law, Real Estate Document Drafting, and Business Planning
• Recipient of the University of Utah College of Law Outstanding Achievement Award
• William H. Leary Scholar
• MBA – University of Utah
• BS – Accounting – University of Utah
Schedule your Free Consultation TodaySchedule
An attorney knows how much your case is worth, which is invaluable in negotiations with an insurance company. In fact, one insurance company’s own internal study showed that it paid five times more money to people who hire an attorney.
An attorney can get you more money in your pocket by investigating and exploring insurance coverage available to compensate you for your injuries, recommending health care providers who diagnose and treat common accident injuries, and negotiating discounts with health insurers who seek subrogation.
We have sophisticated and efficient claims handling procedures that lead to fast settlements. That said, if an insurance company offers a low-ball settlement, we will fight them in court. Our attorneys have successfully litigated hundreds of cases against insurance companies and will make sure you recover every penny you deserve.
If you are feeling upset, frustrated, or even angry because someone else’s carelessness has affected your life, we're here to help you.