Common Questions Asked About Workers CompensationAfter suffering an injury while on the job, you may have a few questions as to what to do. Here are some common questions asked about workers compensation.

If I am injured at work, what should I do?

Following an accident or injury at work, it is important to first report the incident to your employer as soon as possible. Failing to report an accident to an employer could cause your case to be denied depending on your state’s time limit. Even if you do not think the injury is serious, still report the accident to your employer.

For more information of what to do after a work related accident, read our blog post “5 Things You Should Know About Workers Compensation.”

If a work accident was my fault, can I still receive workers compensation benefits?

A great benefit of workers compensation is there is no need to prove who was at fault for the accident. However, if the injury was self-inflicted when the worker was under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs, the worker will not receive workers compensation benefits.

Will workers compensation allow me to see my own doctor?

Depending on the laws in your state and the outlines of your employer’s workers compensation insurance policy, you may or may not be able to see your own doctor. Ask your employer for details. If your employer’s workers compensation insurance policy requires you to see a doctor under their policy, you may only need to see this doctor for a certain amount of time before being able to switch to your own doctor. Also, be aware that if you see your own doctor, the insurance policy may require you to still see a doctor again under the insurance policy for a medical examination.

Will workers compensation cover me for work-related injuries that are not related to the accident?

Injuries such as repetitive motion injuries are covered under workers compensation. For example, if you’ve suffered from carpel tunnel syndrome as a result of doing a lot of typing of work, workers compensation would cover this.

Do I need to hire an attorney to handle my workers compensation case?

Yes. Hiring an attorney at Parke Gordon Law Firm in Boise to handle your workers comp case will likely result in less stress for you and a higher settlement amount. The greater your injuries, the more you have at stake for the process of your claim. Contact the law office of Parke Gordon Law Firm in Boise today for a free consultation. Call (208) 322-7274 now.

Boise, Idaho Law Office

Our Boise, Idaho law office provides legal services to injury clients in and surrounding Boise, including clients injured in accidents in Boise, Nampa, Meridian, and Caldwell. Visit or call our Boise office now. Parke Gordon 1150 W State St. #300 Boise, ID 83702 Phone:(208) 322-7274

Parke Gordon

Parke Gordon

Connect With Us