How Long After a Car Crash Do You Have to File a ClaimAfter a car accident, it may seem daunting to address all of the many things you need to get done to make sure your medical bills and personal injury case is in order. That is exactly why Parke Gordon Law Firm in Boise is here to help. A frequently asked question from our personal injury clients is, how long after a car crash do I have to file a claim? The legal term for filing a claim is called a statute of limitations. Each state determines how long a driver has to file a claim or bring a lawsuit. It is wise to familiarize yourself with your state’s laws to better be prepared in the event you are needing to file a claim.

How Long After a Car Crash Do I Have to File a Claim?

The amount of time a driver has to make a claim depends on what state the accident occurred and their insurance company. Typically, an insurance company will suggest filing a claim within 24 hours of the car accident. However, if you’ve missed that 24-hour window it is likely your claim will not be denied. It is actually the state which determines its own statute of limitation for property damage and personal injury claims. In Idaho, a driver may make a claim within 2 years after the accident for property damage and to make a personal injury claim.

Car Accident Attorney in Boise

If you’ve been injured in a car accident due to the negligence of another, let the expert attorneys at Parke Gordon Law Firm handle your case. We will deal with the insurance companies, your medical bills, lost wages, and property damages resulting from a car crash. Our law firm believes every client deserves fair representation, not just big insurance companies with deep pockets. Call the experienced and knowledgeable attorneys at Parke Gordon now. We offer a free consultation. In fact, you pay nothing until your case is settled. Call (208) 322-7274 now to get started on your case.

Boise, Idaho Law Office

Our Boise, Idaho law office provides legal services to injury clients in and surrounding Boise, including clients injured in accidents in Boise, Nampa, Meridian, and Caldwell. Visit or call our Boise office now. Parke Gordon 1150 W State St. #300 Boise, ID 83702 Phone:(208) 322-7274

Parke Gordon

Parke Gordon

Connect With Us