Idaho State Police reported a fatal single-vehicle rollover crash on Highway 95. The driver reportedly crossed over the center lane and went off the road hitting a power pole and then rolled. Officials say the driver succumbed to her injuries at the scene of the car accident. No other vehicles were miraculously involved in the crash and no other passengers were in the car. The driver was wearing a seatbelt at the time of the accident.
Tips to Avoid a Rollover Crash
Serious injuries or death usually result from a rollover crash. As the driver, there are several things you can do to avoid a rollover car accident.
- Always remember to wear a seatbelt. Also, make sure all passengers in the vehicle are wearing a seat belt. Over 65 percent of rollover fatalities in 2010 was largely due to drivers and passengers not wearing a seatbelt.
- Leave enough space between cars. Always leave driving distance between you and the car in front of you. Doing so will ensure you have enough time to stop or move in the event of an emergency.
- Never drive drunk. Even a good driver cannot perform when intoxicated. Driving intoxicated causes the driver to make unplanned turns, swerving between lanes etc which can lead to a rollover crash.
- Watch road conditions. If the temperature has dropped below freezing, be extra cautious of black ice. When roads are wet or slick, slow down. Road conditions play a huge roll in many rollover crash accidents.
- Reduce speed before a turn. A major reason for a rollover crash is taking a turn too fast. Vehicles will start to swerve sideways if going too fast for a turn.
- Be aware of the height of your vehicle. Taller vehicles will have a greater tendency to tip over and roll due to their height. It may be a good idea to choose a vehicle with a low center of gravity and a stable base.
- Balance your tires often. Always have your tires checked and your vehicle well maintained to avoid any kind of car accident.
Car Crash Lawyer in Boise
Hiring a car crash lawyer after an accident will help you receive a better settlement offer. Let Parke Gordon Law Firm in Boise take on the stress of your car accident case. Our law firm believes every client deserves fair representation against big insurance companies with deep pockets. Call our Boise law office today at (208) 322-7274 for a free consultation and to get started on your case.
You Pay Nothing Until We Win Your Case