- Avoid speaking to an insurance company about your case or sign any documents.
- Receive proper medical treatment and make sure all injuries are documented.
- Collect paperwork and documents that will help your attorney with your personal injury case.
By doing these three things before speaking to your personal injury attorney, your case will hopefully go more smoothly and sooner. That means you’ll receive a better settlement, faster.
Avoid Speaking to Insurance Company
Often times after an accident, the insurance company of the other party will attempt to contact you to receive a written statement. DO NOT give it to them. Simply tell them they can contact your attorney. Insurance companies are trained to twist your words in order to make you settle for less. Moreover, do not sign any documents that the insurance company requests you to sign without first speaking to your attorney. It is best to save yourself the hassle and simply let your personal injury attorney handle all conversations with the insurance company.
To be safe, only speak with your attorney about your accident. This will increase your chances of receiving the most compensation possible.
Receive Proper Medical Treatment
After an accident, we recommend seeing a medical professional to be properly diagnosed. Even if you do not feel injured, it is best to get checked out. Many times patients do not feel the pain from an accident related injury until weeks later. By waiting to be seen by a medical professional it makes it easy for the insurance company to blame the injury on something that happened after the accident. This can greatly harm your case. The insurance company can deny your claim or argue that injuries were caused by a different accident.
While still at the accident scene, there are things you can do to gather evidence that can impact your case.
- A police report. Call the police after an accident so an officer can create a police report and properly document the accident.
- Photos of the accident. If you are able, take photos of the accident scene, the damage to the cars and any injuries you sustained.
- Talk to witnesses. Gather the contact information (name and phone number) of anyone who witnessed the accident.
- Medical records. After being seen by a medical professional, request copies of any medical records to give to your attorney. This can save you and your attorney time later.
Boise Personal Injury Attorney
If you feel you are entitled to recover damages from a car accident, truck accident, dog bite, or other personal injuries, contact the Boise law office of experienced injury attorney Mat Parke. Parke Gordon Law firm offers a free consultation. This is your opportunity to discuss your car accident with an experienced, trusted and knowledgeable personal injury attorney about your car accident. Call our Boise law office today at (208) 322-7274.
You Pay Nothing Until We Win Your Case