Idaho State Police have reported multiple unrelated car accident on westbound I-84. The first car accident occurred when one vehicle rear-ended another vehicle heading westbound. The second car accident occurred moments after when a car drove onto the shoulder of the road and crashed into the overpass. Reasons for the second crash are unknown. The driver was taken by ground ambulance for evaluation of injuries. Three of the four westbound lanes of traffic were blocked on I-84 due to these accidents for about an hour. Below are some of the top common causes of car accidents and how to prevent them from happening to you.
Top Common Causes of Car Accidents
Car accidents happen all too frequently and usually occur due to human error. While some auto accidents are only minor, some lead to serious injuries and permeant disfigurement or even death. If you’ve been injured in a car accident, you should not be held responsible for the ignorance or negligence of another driver. Contact the law office of Parke Gordon Law Firm to receive a fair settlement for your car accident case.
Here are the top common causes of car accident in the United States.
- Speeding. It can be very tempting to drive over the speed limit, especially when you are in a hurry. However, speeding is the second most common cause of car accidents as reported by forbes.com.
- Distracted driving. Texting, eating, reading, grooming or any other activity that distracts from driving is distracted driving. Distracted driving is something that is warned about constantly but is becoming a larger threat every year. Please resist the temptation to answer that text message, make that phone call or anything else while driving.
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Drunk driving is one of the most dangerous causes of car accidents in America and is very deadly. Please only drive sober and if you have had a drink, take a taxi or find a ride.
- Running a red light or stop sign. Even when it seems there is no other cars coming, STOP. Running a red light or stop sign could be deadly to you and/or others.
- Bad weather conditions. Driving in the rain, snow or ice is completely different than driving on dry pavement. Remember to always slow down and leave extra space in front of you to avoid a car crash.
- Driving after dark. Visibility is greatly decreased after dark making it much more difficult to drive safe. Make sure to be extra alert and use your full headlights when driving on a dark road.
- Many car accidents are rear-end accidents from drivers not leaving enough space between them and the car in front. A safe traveling distance in good driving conditions is three seconds from the car in front of you. In bad weather, slick roads or after dark increase your travel distance to about five seconds or what seems most comfortable.
- Design Defects of the vehicle. Sometimes car accidents occur from a design defect in the vehicle. Pay attention to recalls in the news and have your car regularly maintained.
- Unexpected animal crossings. Often times in rural areas such as Boise animals will often be crossing the street. Be sure to stay on the look out for potential animals that may all of a sudden dart out into the street.
- Construction site. Sometimes a construction area could be confusing and lead to a car accident. Follow the cones and directions of construction workers to avoid an accident. You may also be aware of any other confused drivers.
Car Accident Attorneys Boise
When you’ve been involved in an accident, rely on the car accident attorneys at Parke Gordon Law Firm in Boise to handle your case. Our experienced and knowledgeable lawyers have handled dozens of car accident cases just like yours. We will fight for every penny you are owed. Parke Gordon Law Firm believes every client deserves fair representation against big insurance companies with deep pockets. Call our Boise law office today for a free consultation regarding your car accident case.
You Pay Nothing Until We Win Your Case